To be a leading globally-oriented undergraduate program of tourism-business study through education and research that contributes to developing the knowledge on tourism business and to enhancing the capacity of the tourism community.
- To provide business-oriented tourism education that empowers the students with global insight and critical, strategic, holistic and professional thinking in solving tourism problems as well as being an inspiration to the tourism community.
- To become a reference center for learning innovation that can enhance and enrich business-oriented competencies and tourism skills as well as social sensitivities that can contribute to the tourism community.
- To undertake scientific research activities and dissemination that can be applied to support sustainable tourism.
- To contribute to community services in the field of tourism.
- To cooperate with tourism stakeholders at national and international levels.
The potential of organizing events in Indonesia is huge. These events are not limited to cultural performances, entertainment gatherings, or youth festivals; they also include other such activities as any forms of ceremonies given by business organizations to reward or appreciate their employees.
As events may be divided into 2 industries--namely MICE (meeting, incentive, convention, & exhibition) and special events (culture, sport, wedding, anniversary, etc.), it is therefore appropriate that the holding of national and international events requires innovation, skilled human resources (HR), and first-class service mentality.
Events unfold tremendous opportunities. In terms of MICE events alone, the Ministry of Tourism has recognized that events held in Indonesia can generate revenues of trillions of Rupiah and can contribute significantly to job creation. Under the strong government support to the tourism sector, the Event Management bachelor program at Universitas Prasetiya Mulya is expected to contribute to the growth of the industry in Indonesia.
Graduates of the Event Management of Universitas Prasetiya Mulya will have opportunities not only to work in national or multinational companies but also to become eventpreneurs. Besides that, they will have what it takes to thrive as a:
- Event Manager
- Event Planner
- Event Marketer
- Brand Activation Agent
- Event Consultant
- Event Organizer
- MICE Organizer
- Content Partnership Manager
- Meeting & Special Event Manager
- Conference Event Specialist
- Corporate Event Specialist
Why Study Event Management
The increasingly widespread development of community and corporate events amidst the growing population of the young makes the profession in the field of event a very promising one indeed in future.
Students of Event Management at Universitas Prasetiya Mulya are prepared to become event organizers, event managers, and ultimate business leaders in the event industry. Through this prestigious Event Management Prasetiya Mulya education, the graduates will be professionals in holding events.