- To provide business-oriented hospitality education that empowers the students with global insight and critical, strategic, holistic and professional thinking in solving hospitality problems as well as being an inspiration to the hospitality community.
- To become a reference center for learning innovation that can enhance and enrich business-oriented competencies and hospitality skills as well as social sensitivities that can contribute to the community.
- To undertake scientific research activities in hospitality and dissemination that can be applied to support sustainable tourism in general and hospitality industry in particular.
- To contribute to community services in the field of hospitality.
- To cooperate with hospitality stakeholders at national and international levels.
Career opportunities in the hospitality industry are very broad. To name but a few, graduates can develop a career as a:
- Hospitality Manager
- Revenue Manager
- Mall Manager
- Theme Park Manager
- Leisure Market Analyst
- Excursion Manager
- Front Office Manager
- Luxury Concierge
- Client Manager
- Relationship Director
- Corporate Travel Consultant
- Global Travel Manager
- Project and Tourism Manager
- Hotel Manager
S1 Hospitality Business
Service, Strategy and Synergy
Tourism business is borderless. Its activities may range widely from preserving culture to preserving nature, from building communities to improving the economy. It offers great potentials, which explains why many countries endeavor to use them to boost their economy.
In today’s increasingly more competitive global competition, tourism management more than ever before requires, professional expertise. Graduates of the Tourism Business Studies Program will not only excel in the competitive tourism business management but also in bringing positive impacts of tourism on society and the environment.
Why Study Hospitality Business
Tourism industry is a dynamic industry. New destinations keep popping up for exploration with the number of tourist arrivals continuing to increase each year. In the midst of economic and political turmoil, the industry attractiveness tends to remain unaffected.